Image area is a rectangular object containing an image. An image can be used also as a mouse cursor. You can edit an image using the paint controls embedded in Livecode. You use the word image when coding.
- Source: the original image file path
- tool tip
- visible: if it's set false, it's invisible. When an object is invisible use the stack browser to edit it.
- don't dither: when software run on device with less color of the image, dither (mixing colors) is applied. Otherwise, if it is set true, a blank image appears on these devices
- preload in memory
- angle: use to rotate images
- show border
- 3D borders
- border width
- quality: normal, good, best
- If it's an animated GIF image, you can specify how many frame to use and repetition loop, how many repetitions, and if reverse the loop.
- If you use image as a cursor, you can set image hot spot (point).
- Layer mode
Colors & patternsEdit
Here you can set the color of various elements of the button. You can choose a pattern instead of a color.
Custom properties are the best replacement for variable in Livecode. You can use variables in Livecode, but usually they are just temporary; on the contrary custom properties are real containers for all your data. Easy to recover and to check.
See Geometry manager
Graphic effectsEditHere yo can activate and mix many effects:
- drop shadow
- inner shadow
- outer glow
- inner glow
- color overlay
If you activate the drop shadow, you can manipulate all aspects of it (color, opacity, position, etc.) with the submenu.
The blending effect is a way to make the object transparent, you can choose between many way to render the resulting object (arithmetic, subpin, etc.). You can choose the percentage of blending your object with the background.
All the property of an object are inherited from a master profile, however you can add and change profile. This way all objects will have the same properties, will look the same or act the same.
Size & PositionEdit
Here you can
- specify the size of the object
- fit it to text content
- set location using the center of the object or its borders
- lock size and position
- choosing which element is above the others, specifying object layer
Here you can change:
- font type
- font size (you can enter size directly, you are not restricted to the few showed)
- font style:
- boxed 3D
You can also change all letter to uppercase, lowercase or else using tha last button.